As I explained in an early post, I have been working out 4-6 days a week since about the middle of November. Most of the workouts are done at 4:30 a.m. First of all, I cannot believe that I would ever ever ever wake up that early to work out! EVER! I have tried setting my alarm early soooo many times and I would always hit snooze. For some reason I decided that when my alarm went off I wouldn't even think about sleeping more and it has worked. Believe me, if I can do it then so can anyone else!!! As a mother of a 1 year old, I know how precious sleep can be! I have been off work for almost 2 weeks now so it will be like starting my early morning habit all over again when I go back on Tuesday! UGH! At least I am using the BEST workout program to make waking up a little easier.
Turbo Jam
I first ordered Turbo Jam, which is an older (within the last 10 years) workout program by Chalene Johnson. You can check it out at www.teambeachbody.com or Amazon. I ordered a used Turbo Jam from Amazon so I wouldn't be spending a lot of money in case I failed to use it. Anyways, Turbo Jam is a mix of kickboxing and dance. Chalene is awesome and coming up with inspiring moves that work your whole body! The music is fantastic and it really is a fun workout! Why else would I wake up so early? I followed the program for a month before I ordered her latest and most difficult program, Turbo Fire. I would recommend for most people to start with Turbo Jam. The moves and workouts are easier and it's a great way to start a fitness program.
Turbo Fire
My new addiction comes in the form of 12 workout classes on 10 DVD's. Each workout that I have done so far has kicked my butt!!!! They are fun and I know I'm getting the best workout. Plus Chalene just keeps bringing the motivation! Like Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire incorporates kickboxing with dance moves into a high intensity cardio workout. In fact, if you have lower body injuries, this workout is probably not for you. The schedule calls for workouts 6 days a week! I'll be starting this program from the beginning tomorrow. I have only had this one for about 3 weeks so I like to start fresh with the new year.
Working out + eating well = looking good
No comments:
Post a Comment