Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ugh!

Yes, my title for this post says it all really.  I knew that my weigh-in today wasn't going to be very good, but did I really have to gain?  Of course I did!  Here are some things that you should not do if you are trying to lose weight.

1.  Do not drink soda. Period.
2.  Do not eat almost an entire bag of nuts mixed with chocolate and candied bananas on the way home from a store.  This particular item was 210 calories for 1/3 cup.  I obviously did not look at that before I ate it!
3.  Do not eat 1/4 pound of fudge in one sitting.
4.  Do not make a giant plate of nachos for dinner.
5.  Do not eat 5 slices of pizza in one sitting.

If you read that list and you are thinking, "Duh," then you are a winner. Or perhaps you are a loser...of weight that is!  I on the other hand did all of those things within the last few days.  As I was eating each of those items I was thinking how bad it was for me and how I would probably not lose weight, but at the time it didn't matter.  That's always been my problem.  As I'm shoving fries or something else into my mouth by the handful I'm often thinking of how fat I am or that I need to lose weight.  I just can't figure out what is wrong with me as far as that is concerned.  I need to have a full-o-meter installed into my brain.

Another thing that really bothers me about my eating habits is that I eat so fast that I don't even get to enjoy or savor the food.  It's all about the amount that I can eat until I feel full and it takes a lot to get there.  For example, tonight I was eating chocolate covered strawberries.  I think most normal people can have one or two and feel satisfied.  I on the other hand was waiting for other people to walk out of the room so I could eat another one as fast as I could.  Sick!  If I had stopped to savor and enjoy I might have been able to stop.

On the positive note, I worked out everyday except for Friday.  Love Turbo Fire!

Goal for this week: Savor the food!  Eat slowly!

Weekly weigh-in:  204.0 pounds.  That is a 1.6 lb gain from last week.  Depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment