Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Goodbye, Negative Nancy

I had an especailly stressful week this past week and I noticed 2 things.  First, I eat when I am stressed, much like I do when I am happy, sad, cheerful, angry and any other feeling one can have.  Secondly, I am a much more negative person then I like to think I am.  I always say to others how positive and happy I am, but this past week I payed attention to my thoughts and comments about my weight and man, am I ever a Negative Nancy!  I use humor and sarcasim to hide my true feelings about my weight.  I make fun of myself and tell myself that I'm just going to mess up or go back to eating whatever and be fat forever. This is what I tell myself everyday!!!!!  Well, when you hear the same things everyday, then you become exactly what you think!  While reading Push, by Chalene Johnson, I really realized this negativity that I dwell on day in and day out affects who I am.  How have I gone on thinking that I am a positive person??   I am about to take my 30 day Push journey so I hope to blog more and work through the task that is set for each day.  In the meantime, I'm going to start working on becoming more positive.  So no matter what my weight is tomorrow I will find positive things in my weight loss journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment