Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

PUSH

I began "Push" on February 1st.  It's Chalene Johnson's 30 day life changing plan.  Day 1 began with a lesson about priorities.  I had to make a list of priorities in my life and then focus on my top 3 priorities. From that list of 3 I had to come up with sort of a mission statement for my number 1 priority.  The idea is that by creating and knowing what your number 1 priority in life is, you can make decisions that will positively affect that priority.  My number 1 priority is my family.  I also detailed ways to honor my priority and noted things that would go against that priority. (Wow, I think I just said "priority" 9 million times!)

Day2:  The assignment for Day 2 was to write out 10 goals.  Only one of the 10 had to relate to health, but other than that, these goals can be whatever you want to work on.  There is one more stipulation though.  Chalene wants the goals to be something "crazy cool" that can be accomplished in 12 months.  I didn't exactly feel like my goals that I wrote are "crazy cool" but they are things in my life that I really want to work on.  Most of my goals actually have to do with organization.  I'm a bit messy! :)

Day 3 was a day to determine a Push goal!  The goal that will make all of the other goals possible!  I had an especially hard time with this.  I wanted my push goal to be "be more positive," but there isn't a clear way to measure that goal.  So oddly enough, my push goal is to create a weekly menu for food!  I know that sounds trivial, but it will be really hard for me to create and follow.  It is also my goal that will help other goals, such as saving money, losing weight, and having more time with my family!  What a great push goal! 

You may be wondering how listing priorities and goals for all areas of your life will help you become healthy.  The answer is that by organizing your life and realizing what is really important will help you realize that health is important for all of those other things that you list.  If you aren't healthy, it will bite you in the ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment